This policy describes what personal data the Strathpeffer and District Community Rowing Club (SDCRC) collects and maintains about its contacts and supporters and explains how it is used.
What personal data do we collect?
We maintain a mailing list so that we can send communications about SDCRC to contacts and supporters who opt-in to receive SDCRC news, event invitations and other information relating to the activities of SDCRC and the club as a whole. Our mailing list contains the following personal details:
- Email address and/or phone number
- Date record updated
- Mobile/Telephone number (where provided)
How we collect the personal data
- Personal data is added to the list by consent.
- This consent is given by the contact or supporter in different ways, for example by email, via a web form, or in writing.
- We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date, and you may ask us to correct or remove data you think is inaccurate. Note, however, if you are a member we must, by law, keep a record of your name and address for the period of your membership and for a period of 6 years after that membership comes to an end.
How we use your personal data
- We only use our mailing list to issue SDCRC communications to our contacts and supporters.
- Where members have provided a mobile number we will ask permission before using it to text them about last minute opportunities e.g. boat spaces due to cancellations.
- We do not share your personal data with any other organisations unless you have given specific permission e.g. in relation to the club registering you for an external event.
How we look after your data
- The mailing list and members register are maintained by SDCRC .
- If SDCRC becomes fully incorporated into another organisation we will ask your permission to transfer your personal data to that organisation.
- The live list, held on our Google Drive account, is password protected and only accessible to the SDCRC Committee,
How long we keep your personal data
Your personal data will be retained for as long as SDCRC exists, or until you ask for your personal data to be deleted, whichever is sooner. For contact details see our contacts page.
Strathpeffer and District Community Rowing Club Committee